EMERGENCY STEPS FOR FLOOD DAMAGE
On Monday July 26th 2010 Gov. Pat Quinn declared 12 Northern Illinois counties disaster areas after heavy storms on Saturday led to major flooding and caused property damage to many buildings and homes. The declaration makes residents and business owners eligible for the Opportunity Illinois: Disaster Recover Loan Program.
Under the loan programs, the Treasurer’s Office obtains below-market interest rates for storm victims in declared disaster areas who finance their disaster repairs through participating, local lenders. As of today, loan rates would be no more than 3.5 percent. Once loan has been approved please contact Amazing Interiors to help with Mitigation/Clean up and Reconstruction. We have IICRC Certified Technicians on Staff.
Begin The Mitigation And Dry Out Process
- Water Extraction
- Check for any mold damage
Contact Your Insurance Company
Locate Temporary Housing
Your insurance company can refer a service to assist you with your housing needs depending on the length of your stay needed.
- Check into a hotel
- Arrange temporary housing based on needs of family in regards to location, children and pets.
- Check Book or Credit Cards
Restoration & Dry Cleaning
If clothing was contaminated, pick out 1 Week of clothing for urgent care. Restoration dry cleaners will provide emergency fast service for some of your clothing. The rest could take up to 30 days for processing. Don’t forget to pull out the following items for quick turnaround processing:
- Work Clothes
- Church Clothes
- Shoes & Belts
Contact Your Mortgage Company
Your mortgage company may be listed as a payee along with homeowner on insurance checks for the loss.
For Optional Support
- Contact local outreach programs
- Depending on the loss, you may want to contact your local Red Cross or your church for assistance.
- Get a folder to save all receipts and keep track of all expenses related to the loss.
- Make copies of everything you submit to your insurance carrier.
- Take photos of items you are removing from the property or need to throw away. You may need to provide photo documentation for replacement value.
Before & After Photos of Water Damaged Basement